Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Pretty in Pink?

I blogged about our fun play date at The Bouncin' Barn yesterday, but there is actually more to that story.  It wasn't the typical get myself ready, the kids ready, grab the diaper bag and get into the car and go kind of outing.   Let me tell you a little bit more about how the morning unfolded.  I left Ethan and Jacob in the living room watching tv while I took a quick shower.  The moment I stepped out of the shower, I was hit with an overpowering scent of nail polish and knew immediately that things would not be good.  I looked over at my dresser and saw that the hot pink nail polish that had sat on my dresser for weeks was moved.  As I got closer, I noticed that while the lid was on, there was nail polish all over the top of my dresser.  I called Ethan's name and walked out to the living room.  At this point, he was proclaiming, "I don't want a spankin'.  I don't want a spankin'," and this is the face that I saw.....

It had "GUILT" written (actually painted) all over it!
I immediately (well, after I took pictures) threw him into the tub, which did nothing but prevent the further spread of disaster.  I had to get the fingernail polish remover and cotton balls and SCRUB it off of him.  Around his eye, I just scrubbed with a wet paper towel, which he didn't like.  After cleaning him up, I noticed that he had grabbed the white curtains next to my dresser, and touched the back of my bedroom door.  Needless to say, I will have a few reminders around the room that I need to keep things out of the reach of curious little hands.
I didn't yell or spank him, but we did have a lengthy discussion about not touching Mommy's and Daddy's things.  He also had a look of sheer terror when I initially saw him, and the polish removal was not a pleasant experience.  I am hoping that it will deter him from further incidences such as this.  Luckily, for me, Jacob did not partake in this little adventure.  I could not imagine what my house would have looked like if he had.  But, I do wish that I could have seen his reaction when he first saw Ethan covered in polish.  I bet it would have been priceless!  The amazing part is that Ethan did not get one drop of polish on the floor or his clothing.  And, although this happened at 10:30 in the morning, the mess was cleaned up and we made our destination by noon with minutes to spare!  I guess there is a silver lining in everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...