It has been a difficult task to keep my flowers and newly planted trees alive this summer, as we are in the worst drought since the Dust Bowl! The trees don't look like they are faring too well, but I have my fingers crossed that they will bounce back in the spring. While the boys and I were watering the flowers this morning, we were able to watch a butterfly gathering nectar. Ethan and Jacob thought it was funny how he would stick his head into all of the flowers. They also wanted to touch him, but I told them that it wouldn't be a good idea because they could injure him. I have also heard that if you remove the powder from their wings, they won't be able to fly. Not sure if it's true, but we didn't want to take any chances.
While Ethan was busy trying to take the nozzle for the hose apart, Jacob helped water. It takes a little longer when I have helpers. I can't fill the watering can up, because it is too heavy for them to lift, but they love to help, so what usually takes me 5 minutes, turns into 10 or 15. It's worth it because they are so proud of themselves for helping.
(He's just checking to make sure that he used all of the water.)
No comments:
Post a Comment