Wednesday, August 22, 2012

XC (cross country) Uniform

 The Otter Creek cross country uniforms were issued last week.  Carter couldn't wait to put his on and show all of us.  I really like it.  Their colors are purple and gold, and I kind of like the dark purple with the gold lettering.

Carter let Ethan try it on for a minute and then put it back on and wore it for the rest of the night.  He also thoroughly explained the laundering instructions to me.  Evidently, I am only to wash it in cold water, no fabric softener, and then air dry.  I honestly think he's worried that I will screw it up.  I don't know why he's worried, though, because as of this year, he is doing his own laundry.  The rule in our house is~ Once you begin middle school, you are responsible for your own clothes.  It teaches them responsibility for their things, and also prevents the freak-outs on me when an outfit they want to wear to a certain event isn't clean.
Carter's first meet is on the 29th, and I can't wait.  He has run a lot over the course of the summer and it can get rather monotonous.  A race is far more exciting than practice for the runners and spectators.
Good luck this season, Carter!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Carter! With XC, and with your laundry!
    I should see if Chad will give up the laundry reigns to my kids - I doubt it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...