Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween!

The boys were so excited for Halloween this year.  They had been wearing their costumes for days and could not wait to trick-or-treat and go to Uncle Kevin's house.  We hit a few homes in our new subdivision first.

For weeks, Ethan and Jacob had been admiring our neighbor's cat, and last night was their chance to see it up close.

We also went to see some friends in our old subdivision since it is literally right down the road.

At the last minute, Carter was invited to trick-or-treat with some friends in the old neighborhood.  He hadn't planned on going this year and didn't have a costume.  I quickly threw some face paint on him, grabbed a skull shirt from his closet, and he was ready to go.


Our last stop of the night was Uncle Kevin's house.  Mamaw was there with goodies too.  I don't have any idea what Jacob is looking at, but it cracks me up every time I see his face.


When we got home, the kids looked through their loot, ate a few pieces, and then Kenny, Megan and Carter watched Icabod Crane (sp?).  The little guys watched a Halloween show too, and then it was time for bed.  As I tucked Ethan into bed, I asked, "Did you have a fun Halloween?"  He replied, "Yeah!"  Then he asked, "What comes next?"  I told him that Thanksgiving comes after Halloween, and as the smile left his face, he asked, "Oh, so we say, 'Thank you,' and give our candy back?"  I assured him that he did not have to give his candy back and all was good.

The following pictures were taken a week or so ago, but too cute not to share...



I hope everyone had a happy Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. That photo of Ethan smiling in his costume is about the sweetest thing ever. LOVE that it says "Chief Massey." That's so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...