We spent Thanksgiving at my parents' house yesterday and had a great time. My sister, Heidi, spent Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania with Brien's family, so we missed spending time with them, but my grandma was able to make it for the afternoon and we had a nice visit with her. There was food galore, and then a friendly game of football for the boys, playing on the pirate ship (Mayflower), a game of bocce ball, and then decorating gingerbread turkeys.
For the first time, Kenny and I had to face the fact that our kids really are growing up and won't be with us for every holiday. Megan got to eat with everyone, and then had to head in to work at Walgreen's. It was a little odd to see her go, but that time is coming, and it's a little sad. I want to keep everyone together as long as possible, as most mothers do. While there was a tear in my eye as left the driveway, I am thankful that she is maturing and preparing to pave her own way in this world.
I am truly thankful for all of the people in may family~ from those who are no longer with us, to the "Original Five", to Kenny and our kids, and to those far away. Sometimes I wonder what my family will look like when I am the great grandma. I hope to see many, many smiling faces, and I know my heart will melt just knowing that Kenny and I had a part in creating it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment