Saturday, November 17, 2012

See Ya, Hostess!

So, I was a little shocked when I heard that Hostess was shutting down.  It has been around since I can remember.  I remember going to the Hostess/Wonder Bread outlet store with my mom when I was little.  My sister and I loved picking out our desserts (or main course in my case) for our school lunches.  Then, in middle school, I thought that you only shopped there if you were poor, or too cheap to buy the fresh stuff at the store.  Now, I know that smart shoppers frequent the Hostess outlet stores.  Why pay full price when the stuff is a lot cheaper and it is actually still fresh?  As an adult, I started shopping there when Megan and Carter would have sleepovers because I could feed a ton of kids for very little.  It also allowed me the chance to sleep in and not have to run out to get bakery donuts early in the morning, or whip up bacon, eggs, and pancakes for everyone.
After the announcement that Hostess was closing its doors, I thought that I may hit the store one last time to get some of the things we like, such as Chocolate Frosted Donettes, Ding Dongs, and my personal favorite~ the Raspberry Cream Filled ZINGERS!  As I pulled into the parking lot, I saw truckloads of items leaving the store.  You can bet I hurried my butt up into that store to see what I could get!!!  Our three favorites were gone, but I did manage to get a few things.

All of this stuff was 50% off of the already reduced prices.  I got everything on the table for $39.12!  I don't even think you can see the 13 packets of gravy that are sitting behind the pickles.

Here is the breakdown:
6 large boxes of cereal
2 packages of small bagged chips for lunches
1 bottle of butter pecan syrup
5 boxes of Toaster Pastries
3 large jars of pickles
2 boxes of Jumbo Mint Fudge Sticks
3 packages of Cherry Cheese Danishes
3 packages of Cheese Danishes
1 package of Peanut Butter Fudge Cookies
1 package of Mint Fudge Cookies
8 packages of Chicken Gravy Mix
5 packages of Country Gravy Mix
6 Blueberry Muffin Loaves
5 packages of Crunch Donettes

Megan is having a sleepover tonight, but I plan on freezing a lot of it.
So long, Hostess!  It's been a good ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...