Today started out a little weird. I woke up with my face feeling odd, so I went to the bathroom to take a peek at myself in the mirror. I was horrified! My face was extremely swollen, especially around the eyes, and the right side of my neck was itchy and splotchy. I woke Kenny up, so he put on his glasses, took a look, and crawled back in bed. Big help! He did say that he thought I must be having an allergic reaction to something. I thought that by getting up and moving around, the swelling would go down, but it didn't. I got a severe headache as well.
Ethan has speech at the Rowe Center on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I called my parents to see if they could take him. My mom has taken him before, but she had a dentist appointment. My dad stepped up to the plate and helped me out in a big way. He had never been to the Rowe Center, but offered to come pick up BOTH boys so that I could rid myself of the headache without having to entertain Jacob. Afterward, my mom and dad took the boys to their house for the day. I slept for the majority of the day and now, at almost 10:00, my face is nearly back to normal. I have no idea what I could have had a reaction to, but I certainly hope it doesn't happen again. It was quite a hideous sight, and the headache was even worse. I don't know how I could have possibly managed the day without the help of my parents. I am so grateful for all of the times that they have dropped everything to help me out when needed.
No comments:
Post a Comment