The boys got a chance to be little scientists during Tot Time at the museum today. Miss Abby read them a book about all kinds of things that scientists do. Afterward, she handed everyone a magnifying glass and some tot-friendly "slides" to observe. Ethan and Jacob were able to get a closer look at salt, pepper, crayon, marker, and pencil marks, feathers, and cotton fibers. They had fun manipulating the lens to make the objects appear larger and smaller.
Notice that Ethan isn't even looking at the actual salt. He's looking at the letters of the word.
Poor Jacob was just smashing the magnifying glass into his face and then trying to look through it. They were killing me! After I took a few pictures with my phone, I ended up explaining how to use them.
Now we're getting somewhere!
Since Ethan had speech at 11:00, we had to skip out a little early and missed the explanation of the take home experiment. We got little cups filled with three different colored gummy bears and were told to take them home, cover them with water, and then observe them the next day. I have no idea what to expect, but Ethan and Jacob are excited about it, so I hope it's cool!



No comments:
Post a Comment