Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

Today was a great day, start to finish!  I got up early and prepared a special Valentine's Day breakfast.  With the two big kids in activities and Kenny's demanding work schedule, we don't always get to eat together as an entire family of six.  Many evenings, there are just five of us.  I knew that Megan had plans to go out to dinner with her boyfriend and his family tonight, so breakfast would be our only meal together.
I found these great pancake mixes at Walmart a few weeks ago, and was anxiously waiting for the holiday.


I whipped them up and had breakfast ready for everyone at 7:00.





The kids (mainly the two little ones) were giddy with excitement for the holiday and there was a lot of giggling and acting silly.  There was absolutely no nutritional value to the meal itself, but I didn't care.  The fact that we were all together to start the holiday off more than made up for it.
After Kenny headed off to work, and Megan and Carter went to school, I helped Ethan make a special valentine for Miss Katie at the Rowe Center.  He was so happy to be giving her something special.  After speech, I helped Ethan and Jacob make some valentines for Grandma, Grandpa, Mamaw, and Daddy.

In the evening, Megan went to dinner with her boyfriend, and I took the little boys to the Y, where Kenny met us to work out.  Carter decided that he wanted to stay home, but I think that he will be joining us when we go in the evenings.  Kids his age have access to the basketball court, so that would be good practice for him.
The final event for the night was our annual Family Fondue Night.  Megan made sure to be home in time for it and it was delicious!



I sure am lucky to have the five best valentines in the world!

Megan came home with a big bear that Zach got her.  I hope the boys don't try to steal it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...