Sunday, March 20, 2011

Busy, but Relaxed

We have had a wonderful weekend so far!  My friends, Danny and Brittney, have been in the process of adopting a little girl from Guatemala for three and a half years.  Friday night, they arrived home with their beautiful daughter, Kinsey.  We have all been anxiously awaiting her arrival, so were thrilled that they asked us to come meet her Friday night.  They had been traveling all day with three kids, ages 8, 3, and 9 months.  Wow!  I would have been wiped out, but they seemed to be on cloud nine and not frazzled one bit!  I am so happy that they have been able to expand their family through adoption.  It was wonderful to see all five of them together, and in their own home.  Ethan absolutely LOVES Kinsey, so I think they will become pretty good buddies this summer, as we get to know her.

Yesterday, Ethan and I went shopping to get a welcome home gift for Kinsey.  He picked out a gigantic purple ball, and I picked out some sidewalk chalk and the Disney Princess Memory Game.  People in the store were commenting on his big ball, and he would respond by squealing, "Yeah, Kinsey!"  It was so cute.  He was genuinely excited about getting things for her.

Last night, we went bowling with Kenny's side of the family.  Megan didn't want to go, so the rest of us went without her.  It's kind of sad that she is growing up and doesn't want to always hang out with the family.  The boys had a lot of fun, though, especially Ethan.  He enjoys everything we do and is so easy going.  Jacob had a good time too, and watched everything that was going on.  He was also fascinated by the bowling balls and the step from the carpet to the hard floor.  Now that he is walking, he can get around pretty quickly.  I decided not to bowl so that I could keep track of him, but I didn't mind.  He will only be little for a short while, so I will savor each minute of it!  Carter did pretty well bowling.  (He may have actually been better than Kenny.)  All of my boys had a great time, and it was nice to visit with everyone.

After bowling, everyone came back to our house to watch the Butler game.  What a game it was!  Kenny went to Butler, so he was really rooting for them.  They pulled it out in the last minute of a very exciting game. 

Yesterday was one of those great days, where we were busy, but relaxed.  Aren't those the best kind?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...