Carter was in a classroom play today about Abraham Lincoln and the Civil War. He actually played the part of Abraham Lincoln. The teacher said that costumes were optional, which to Carter meant: You need a costume. So, we went to the local party supply store a couple of weeks ago to find a one. As soon as we walked in, Carter found a humongous, gaudy leprechaun hat with attached red beard and said, "Hey, Mom, this will work!" To which I replied, "I don't think so," and had Carter reluctantly put it back. At the end of the isle, we found a child's top hat. It was perfect, but I didn't know what we were going to do about the beard. Carter wanted to, again, buy the leprechaun hat and cut off the weird red beard to wear. I again said, "no", and we continued our search. I'm glad we kept looking, because two isles over, there was a collection of facial hair. Among the beards and mustaches, was a little package that said Abraham Lincoln! Perfect!
Well, Carter studied his lines and proudly portrayed Honest Abe in the play.
No comments:
Post a Comment