I enjoyed a fantastic evening with my mom! She was able to get tickets for us to attend the Wabash Valley Ladies Unity Night. We decided to eat at Tumbleweed beforehand, and then were going to head over to JC Penney's so that I could use a coupon that I had. We ended up talking so long at the restaurant, that we skipped the mall and went straight to the event.
Patsy Clairmont was the guest speaker, and she was hilarious! She had a very nice message, and the humor made her more relatable. One of my favorite parts of the night, was actually listening to the Praise and Worship Team. I LOVE "church" music! Most people don't know that about me, but it's true. I really like all kinds of music, but there is something calming about the songs that are sung at church.
At the end of the night, the Praise and Worship Team performed while women prayed at the altar. I got teary-eyed a couple of times just watching everyone. I was wondering what their troubles were and wishing that there was something that I could do to help. I said a little prayer in my head, and will again tonight before bed, for all of the women who shed tears as they prayed for help and/or healing. It was very moving to see all of the team members in their orange shirts consoling people they didn't even know. There are so many good people in the world, and it was nice to see so many in one place.
I had a wonderful time with my mom tonight and hope to do things together more often. Maybe we can attend Women of Faith!
Hope..I LOVE Patsy Clairmont. She is one hilarious lady, and so much humor out of one tiny little lady. I'm so glad you have the relationship that you do with your Mom! That's so awesome. If you ever go to Women of Faith and want a stow-a-way, give me a call. I've been three times, and loved it each time.
ReplyDelete