Friday, March 18, 2011

Carter's Stories

One of my favorite parts of the day is when Carter comes home from school.  He usually has something to tell me that he is completely serious about, but is utterly hysterical to me.  It is so hard to keep a straight face, and sometimes I fail miserably.  But, for the most part, I am able to hold it together. (At least until he walks away.)

Today provides two perfect examples.  Carter has had his first "girlfriend" this year.  Actually, her name is Jessica, and they have "gone out" a couple of times.  Too funny, I know!  Anyway, they just got back together and with technology being what it is, they have texted back and forth.  Now, on with the story....

Carter came home from school and this was our dialogue:
  • Carter:  Well, I had to break up with Jessica today.
  • Me:  Oh, what happened?
  • Carter:  Well, she started texting me weird stuff and I was starting to feel uncomfortable, so I had to break up with her.
  • Me:  What kind of weird stuff?
  • Carter:  Well, her signature was I "heart" C.M.  That was her signature on her phone!  Then, she said that it was just going to be the two of us one day!  Then, she said that she was going to send me something.  She said that it was her singing!  It's just weird, and I was feeling uncomfortable, so I broke up with her.
He was so serious.  It's funny to see kids trying to figure out how the whole relationship thing works. (Or in this case, doesn't!)  Evidently, Carter is not into girls who come on too strong.  And poor little Jessica!  Someone needs to reel that girl in.  I guess she will have to learn as she goes.

Example #2:
Carter's class had their bowling field trip today.  Carter was a little nervous, because one time he was at a  birthday party, and his bowling ball went into another lane.  He was a little traumatized by the event and it took a long time for him to step foot into a bowling alley again.  Today, though, was his lucky day!  He came home and, after the Jessica story, said, "Mom, I won both bowling games today!  I got a 66 during the first game and a 24 in the second!"  Instead of asking if anyone checked the pulse of the other kids playing, I just smiled and said, "Way to go!"  I don't think competitive bowling is in his future!

I just LOVE Carter's stories!

1 comment:

  1. Hope..those are hilarious. The one about the girl reminds me of something similar that Conner just went through. Wait'll I tell you that story sometime. He had Fatal Attraction within one week, and decided he'd had enough. These young girls are CRAZY! One day, Carter will be an awesome catch, for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...